Elon Musk is an industrial designer and engineer. He is the founder, CEO, CTO, and Chief Designer of SpaceX; early-stage investor, CEO, and product architect of Tesla. He was born to a Canadian mother and a South African father. He attended the University of Pretoria before moving to Canada. He has a net worth of US $189.7 Billion (as of January 2021 ). He is one of the richest people in the world.
Elon Musk Wiki/Bio [Quick Bio]
|Full Name:||Elon Reeve Musk|
|Nickname:||Technoking, Iron Man|
|Date of Birth:||June 28, 1971|
|Profession:||Entrepreneur, Industrial Designer, Engineer|
|Famous for:||Chief Designer of SpaceX|
|Birth Place:||Pretoria, South Africa|
Elon Musk Followers in Social Media
Elon Musk Biography [Full]
|Age (as in 2021):||49 Year|
|Date of Birth:||June 28, 1971|
|Elon Musk Signature:|
|Nationality:||American, Canadian, South African|
|Hometown:||Pretoria, South Africa|
|School:||• Waterkloof House Preparatory School
• Bryanston High School
• Pretoria Boys High School
|College/University:||Queen’s University, University of Pennsylvania|
|Educational Qualification:||PhD in energy in Physics, Undergraduate degree in economics, bachelor’s degree in physics|
|Hobbies:||Reading, Playing Video Games, Travellings|
|Languages Known:||English, African|
|Famous as:||Chief designer of SpaceX|
|Divorce:||2008 (Justine Musk)
2012 (Talulah Riley)
October 21, 2016(Talulah Riley)
|Marriage Date:||January 2000(Justine Musk)
September 25, 2010(Talulah Riley)
July 2013(Talulah Riley)
Life History/Career Path of Elon Musk
Elon Musk was born in Pretoria, South Africa on June 28, 1971. He was raised in South Africa. His father ‘Errol Musk‘ was a South African electromechanical engineer, pilot, sailor, consultant, and property developer. His mother Maye Musk was a dietitian. His parents divorced in 1980 and Musk mostly lived with his father in Pretoria. He has a half-sister and half-brother on his father’s side.
Elon Musk learned Computer Programming himself at the age of 12. He attended Waterkloof House Preparatory School and Bryanston High School before graduating from Pretoria Boys High School.
Elon Musk Controversies
- Elon Musk tweeted, “A little red wine, vintage record, some Ambien…and magic” which was too much dangerous drug combination led to media attention which he had mention publicly on social media.
- Elon Musk’s mini-sub-marine was dismissed considering it a ‘PR’ stunt. He called the British Diver a “Pedo guy” in his tweet. Because of erratic behavior, Tesla’s shares fell by 4%. Tesla investor asked Elon to apologize for his mistake. The diver filed a legal lawsuit demanding $75,000 in damages.
- Elon Musk considered AI as the most dangerous threat to mankind. Owner of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg entitled warnings of Musk as “Irresponsible”. Elon Musk said that “Zuckerberg has limited knowledge of AI”.
- Musk has been criticized for his unconventional or unscientific viewpoints and high-profile incidents. Musk was sued for defamation by a diver who assisted in the Tham Luang cave rescue in 2018, and a California jury found in his favor.
Elon Musk Height, Weight & Physical Status
|Height (approx.):||6 ft 2 in / 1.88 meter|
|Wight (approx.):||93kg (in kilograms) / 205 lbs (in pounds)|
|Body Measurements (approx.):||-Chest: Inches
|Eye Colour :||Green|
|Blood Group:||Not Known Yet|
Elon Musk Wife, Relationship and Girlfriend
|Marital Status:||Divorced 3 times, unmarried now|
|Divorce Date:||2008 (Justine Musk),
2012 (Talulah Riley),
October 21, 2016 (Talulah Riley)
|Marriage Date||July 2013 – Talulah Riley,
September 25, 2010 – Talulah Riley
January 2000 – Justine Musk
Elon Musk Family, Wife, Spouse, parents, siblings
|Wife/Spouse:||• Justine Musk (2000-2008), Writer
• Talulah Riley (2010-2012 & 2013-2016), Actress
|Children:||Son: Griffin, Xavier, Damian, Saxon
|Father/Daddy:||Errol Musk (Engineer, Entrepreneur, Investor);|
|Mother/Mom:||Maye Musk (Dietician, Nutritionist, Model)|
|Brothers:||Kimbal Musk (Restauranteur)|
|Sisters:||Tosca Musk (Film director, film producer, Screenwriter, Television Producer)|
|Cousin:||Lyndon Rive (Cofounder of the solar city)|
Favorite Things of Elon Musk
All of the items listed below are Elon Musk’s personal favorites, which we gathered from Internet sources, news periodicals, and wiki.
|Favourite watch brand:||None|
|Favorite Foods:||French and BBQ and whiskey.|
|Favorite Actors:||Robert Downey Jr.|
|Favorite Film/Movie:||Korean Film(Parasite)|
|Favorite Singer:||Not Known|
|Favorite Perfume:||Not Known|
|Favorite Song:||Fly me to the moon, Always look on the bright|
|Favorite Cars:||Porche 911|
|Books||The Hitchhiker’s guide|
|Favourite Device Games||Bioshock series|
|Comic Character||Marvel’s X-Men|
|TV show||The Big BAng Theory|
|“When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.”
“I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.”
Elon Musk Companies
Elon Musk was involved with the nonprofit Mars Society in 2001. He took responsibility for funding the project himself. He asked many companies to provide him a rocket. But the group returned emoty-handed to United States. In February 2002, he met Kosmotras and it offered a rocket worth $8 Million but Musk rejected. In May 2002, with $100 Million of his early fortune, Musk founded Space Exploration Technologies Corporation named as SpaceX. As of 2021, He remains the Company’s CEO and chief Engineer.
Falcon1 was the first private liquid-fuel rocket launched by SpaceX in 2008 to reach Earth Orbit. It was succeeded after its three failed launches. SpaceX is an American aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company headquarter in the Hawthrone, California. SpaceX is developing a Satellite megaconstellation named starlink to provide commercial internet service.
Tesla, perhaps Musk’s most well-known company, is a game-changing electric vehicle manufacturer that is credited with popularizing the concept of battery-electric vehicles. Musk founded the company in July 2003, and by 2005, the business had unveiled the Roadster, an electric vehicle that went into production in 2008. The firm already offers a wide selection of electric vehicles, including an SUV, sports car, and sedan, and will soon add an electric semi-truck and pickup truck to its lineup.
Tesla has grown beyond its main automobile industry into clean energy generation and storage since its inception. SolarCity, another Musk-founded firm that sold solar power systems, was acquired by the business in 2016. SolarCity, now a Tesla subsidiary, offers its own solar panels and manufactures panels in the style of roof tiles for a more aesthetically pleasing and efficient solution. Tesla makes battery systems allowing consumers to store their energy in addition to solar panels.
3. Honorable mention: X.com (now PayPal)
Elon Musk created X.com, an online bank, in November 1999. The company immediately merged with Confinity Software and changed its name to PayPal, which was purchased by eBay for $1.5 billion in 2001.
Musk purchased the rights to X.com from PayPal in 2017, claiming nostalgia as a reason. Visitors were initially sent to The Boring Company’s website, however, the site now simply has a single black “x” in the top left corner of an all-white page.
4. The Boring Company
After becoming dissatisfied with traffic in Los Angeles and the constraints of two-dimensional transit networks, Musk launched The Boring Company in December 2016. The company wants to build subterranean tunnels that will let pedestrians, freight, utilities, and autonomous electric vehicles to bypass traffic on surface highways and get from point A to point B more quickly.
The business has suggested a number of projects, including a passenger tunnel connecting Washington, DC, and Baltimore, Maryland. The business has a test tunnel in Hawthorne, California, and a project to ferry people around the Las Vegas Convention Center campus under construction in Las Vegas.
The Boring Company recently made headlines when it sold 20,000 flamethrowers to customers, bringing approximately $10 million in sales. The “Not-a-Flamethrower” could have been a publicity gimmick or a strategy to raise funds without incurring debt or diluting ownership.
Musk founded Neuralink Corporation in July 2016 to build an implantable brain-machine interface. Initially, the company intends to use the technology to enable people with paralysis regain freedom by controlling computers and mobile devices. People will be able to communicate via text or speech synthesis, surf the web, and express their creativity through photography, art, and writing apps, according to the business.
As a proof of concept, Musk introduced Gertrude, a pig with a coin-sized computer chip in its brain, in August 2020. According to Musk, Neuralink has been granted an FDA breakthrough device classification, allowing it to conduct limited human testing in accordance with FDA criteria.
Musk co-founded OpenAI, an artificial intelligence research lab, in December 2015. Musk stepped down from the company’s board of directors in February 2018, though he remains a major donor.
OpenAI aims to create a machine with human intelligence while putting transparency and security first. The lab will offer its first commercial product in June 2020. The API allows organizations to use OpenAI’s strong general-purpose text generating AI, which has been trained on trillions of words from the internet. The lab has been hesitant to release the entire version of the text creation AI since it could be abused.
Elon Musk Famous Speeches:
1. Elon Musk Motivational Speech 2017
2. Elon Musk Commencement Speech
3. Elon Musk speech that broke the Internet
Elon Musk Car Collection
Elon Musk Awards:
- Inc Magazine Entrepreneur of the Year award (2007)
- Aeronautics and Astronautics George Low award (2008)
- National Wildlife Federation 2008
- National Conservation Achievement award (2008)
- National Space Society’s Von Braun Trophy (2009)
- FAI Gold Space Medal (the highest award in air and space) (2010)
- ‘a Gold Medal’ (Royal Aeronautical Society’s highest award) (2012)
- Awarded IEEE Honorary Membership (2015)
- Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS) (2018)
Assets/Properties of Elon Musk:
|House||Not revealed yet|
|Land or assets with the approximate value||Not revealed yet|
Elon Musk’s Net Worth / Salary:
|Net Worth||$189.7 Billion(January 2021) (approx.)|
|Monthly Income||$25 Million|
Best Photos of Elon Musk
Top 5 Elon Musk Quotes
“We have to be careful in how we use this light shined on us.”-Elon Musk Tweet
“All women, everywhere, have the same hopes: we want to be self-sufficient and create better lives for ourselves and our loved ones.”-Elon Musk Tweet
“What great changes have not been ambitious?”-Elon Musk Tweet
“A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.”-Elon Musk Tweet
“Women and girls should be able to determine their own future, no matter where they’re born.”-Elon Musk Tweet
Did you know about Elon Musk Facts!!
- Elon Musk designed and sold a video game to a magazine when he was 12 years old. ‘Blastar,’ a space battle game, was sold for $500 to PC and Office Technology magazine. Musk also worked at Rocket Science, a gaming start-up.
- Elon Musk’s first commercial effort was the development of Zip2, a company that provided newspapers with maps and business directories and was eventually sold to Compaq for $307 million.
- Paypal, formerly X.com, was the source of Musk’s fortune. Paypal was founded in 1999 and was later purchased by Ebay for $1.5 billion, with $165 million in stock being paid to Musk.
- In 2002, Musk founded Space Exploration Technologies, better known as SpaceX. Musk was convinced that humanity’s survival depended on its ability to become a multi-planetary species, but current rocket launching technologies were too expensive. This he accomplished with the launch of the Falcon 1 in 2006, the Falcon 9 in 2010 and the Falcon Heavy in 2018.
- The Falcon Heavy could transport 53,000 kg into orbit, which was twice as much as its nearest competitor for about a third of the price.
- Elon Musk had to put his own money into the development of SpaceX rockets due to a lack of funding. The business currently has a $1.6 billion NASA contract for resupply trips and, eventually, ferrying people to and from the International Space Station.
- Elon Musk has managed to lower the cost of traveling to the space station by up to 90% thanks to advancements at SpaceX. What was once a $1 billion endeavor is now only $60 million.
- Elon Musk went on to become a key investor in Tesla Motors, which is now known as Tesla. Tesla debuted the Roadster, a car with futuristic aesthetics and a battery with a range of 394 km on a single charge, to a market that was mostly disinterested in electric automobiles at the time.
- Both of Musk’s accomplishments, SpaceX and Tesla, were on the verge of failing. While the first three rockets failed to launch, the fourth did, and the Roadster had severe manufacturing issues.
- Elon Musk was awarded the FAI Gold Space Medal in 2010 for designing the first privately developed rocket to achieve orbit by the Federation Aronautique Internationale.
- Elon Musk unveiled the Hyperloop in 2018, a transportation system that could hypothetically carry passengers from Los Angeles to San Francisco in 90 minutes.
- Elon Musk has given one of his boys the name Xavier, which he admitted was inspired by Professor Xavier of the X-Men.
- Elon Musk is known as a trillionaire, a high-tech entrepreneur who wants to make science fiction a reality.
- Elon Musk also owns Wet Nellie, a James Bond custom automobile. In the film The Spy Who Loved Me, the Wet Nellie is a custom-built Lotus Espirit submarine automobile.
- ELon Musk also appeared in an episode of The Simpsons called “The Musk Who Fell to Earth.”
FAQs About Elon Musk?
Is Elon Musk the richest person in the world?
Elon Musk is the founder and CEO of Tesla. He has got networth of US $197 Billion. He is much ahead of Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos who has net worth of US $189 Billion. Therefore , Elon Musk is the richest person in the world.
Is Elon Musk a scientist?
Elon Musk has a science degree. He doesn’t have an engineer degree. He became the first in Physics at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario.
Who is the owner of Tesla?
Elon Musk co-founded Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, and The Boring Company. He leads all product design, engineering, and global manufacturing of company vehicles, battery products, and solar energy products of Tesla.
Where is tesla made?
Ferncliff Cemetry, New York, US
Is Elon Musk building a city in Texas?
Yes, Elon Musk is building a city in Texas which is to be called Starbase around the rocket launch site of his SpaceX.
Is Elon Musk going to buy Dogecoin?
SpaceX which is the company of Elon Musk will use meme-inspired cryptocurrency dogecoin and payment.
Is Elon Musk currently married?
Currently, Elon Musk does not have a wife. He has been in a relationship with Canadian Singer Grimes( real name Claire Boucher) for over three years.
What charities has Elon Musk donated to?
Musk foundation has donated $479,000 to the Tesla Science Centre which is the Science Museum at the site of the old Long Island lab of inventor Nichola Tesla.
Which phone does Elon Musk use?
Elon Musk mostly use Iphone or Ipad. He is in fact a fan of the Iphone whatever that version may be.
What will Elon Musk do with his money?
In an Interview Elon Musk has said that, About half of his money, he will invest in solving problems on earth and half to establish a self-sustaining city on Mars to ensure continuation of life.
We based this biography on web information, including Wikipedia interviews and news. If you find any errors, please let us know.
And if you enjoy it, please share and comment.
Browse More Exclusive Biographies
Watch videos & discover inspiring life-changing stories about your favorite star, motivator, or social media celebrities. Know everything, from celebrity age, birthday, height, net worth, relationship, family, fun facts, biography, and latest updates.