Virat Kohli is the Indian all format cricket Team Captain. He is the top order Right–Handed Batsman of team India. He is also the husband of famous Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma. He is the brand ambassador of Chinese mobile company VIVO.
Virat Kohli Bio/Wiki [Quick Bio]
|Full Name:||Virat Kohli|
|Nickname:||Chiku, Run Machine|
|Profession:||International Cricketer For India|
|Famous for:||Professional Batting|
|Birthdate:||November 5, 1988|
|First Domestic Match:||November 2006 against Tamil Nadu|
|First International Match:||18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka|
Virat Kohli Followers on Social Media
|46 Million (2021)||https://www.facebook.com/virat.kohli|
|41.9 Million (2021)||https://twitter.com/imVkohli|
|114 Million (2021)||https://www.instagram.com/virat.kohli/|
Success Life Story/History of Virat Kohli
Virat’s father died of a cerebral stroke while he was only 18 years old. At the moment, he was playing for Delhi against Karnataka. When Delhi was suffering, he played that match and scored 90 runs. He went straight to the funeral after the match. His family had been through a lot. Virat’s mother claims that the adversity has made him more mature and focused on his goals. His father had an ambition of seeing him play for the Indian cricket team. Virat wanted to complete his father’s ambition after his father’s death.
In July 2006, Virat was named to the Indian Under-19 squad, which toured England. It was his first tour outside of the country. He was named Captain of the U-19 Cricket World Cup in Malaysia in 2008 after his outstanding performance in U-19 matches. He was the third-best run-scorer with 235 runs. India emerged victorious in the U-19 World Cup. It was a huge accomplishment for Virat, who was a rising Indian batsman at the time.
He suddenly got a chance to make his debut in the ODI from Team India against Srilanka at the early age of 19. He improved his batting style and made himself a permanent member of team India. He was a member of the world cup winning team India in 2011.
Also Read: Rohit Sharma Biography and Success Story
Sachin Tendulkar and Virendra Sehwag were injured during the 2008 tour to Sri Lanka, resulting in Virat Kohli’s debut. At the age of 19, he made his debut. In his first match, he scored 12 runs. In the same series, he scored 54 runs in four matches, giving him a half-century.
The Indian cricket team was jam-packed at the moment. Virat used to perform admirably whenever he was given the chance.
Slowly but slowly, he began to perform really well in international contests.
Virat was named to the Indian team for the 2011 World Cup. In the first match of the World Cup, against Bangladesh, he achieved an undefeated century. In the World Cup’s first match, he became the first Indian player to score a century. He struck a crucial 35 runs in the World Cup final and formed an essential combination with Gautam Gambir. Virat Kohli scored 282 runs to help India win the 2011 World Cup.
Later on, he was consistent in his performance. In 2013, India won the Champions Trophy, and he scored 176 runs.
Virat Kohli has been a steady performer for India since 2013, collecting hundreds and match-winning runs.
He kept the tag upon himself of “ODI Specialist” by 2013 with Test Hundreds in Australia and South Africa. He became the No.1 ODI Batsman in the year 2013.
He was also the Man of the Tournament in 2014 and 2016 ICC World Cup T20.
In the 2015 World Cup, Virat Kohli scored 305 runs to help India reach the semi-finals.
He was handed the captaincy of the Test team of India in 2014 after the retirement of Mahendra Singh Dhoni in test cricket. In 2017, He became the captain of limited formats cricket as well after Dhoni stepped down from the position. Now, He is the Captain of Team India in all formats of cricket.
The Indian team’s performance in the 2019 World Cup was truly spectacular and exceptional. However, The team lost due to a single terrible match in the Semi-final. With the bat, Virat scored 443 runs.
In 2013, Virat Kohli established the Virat Kohli Charity Foundation to aid underprivileged children. It was his desire to build this foundation from the beginning, and now he uses it to help those in need.
Personal Life of Virat Kohli
|Age (as in 2021):||32 Years|
|Date of Birth:||Nov 5, 1988|
|Birth Place:||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown:||New Delhi, India|
|School:||Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, PaschimVihar, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification:||10, +2|
|Coach:||Raj Kumar Sharma|
|Likes:||• He likes to drive
• Watching Old cricket Videos
• Gathering with old friends
• Loves to eat Sushi (food)
• Likes soccer and tennis besides the cricket
• Watching Roger Federer playing (long tennis player)
|Dislikes:||• Gathering of too many guests at home
• Sitting alone in the home for long time
|Hobbies:||Singing , Dancing, Travelling, Workout, listening to Punjabi upbeat song, Spending time with Family|
Physical Status of Virat Kohli
|Height (approx.):||in feet inches, 5 ft 9 in
in meters 1.75 m
|Wight(approx.):||69kg (in kilograms)
150 lbs (in pounds)
|Body Measurements (approx.):||-Chest: 40 Inches
-Waist: 30 Inches
-Biceps: 14 Inches
Virat Kohli Statistics in Cricket
First thing in the life of Virat Kohli
|Test Debut(269th):||20 June 2011 against West Indies|
|ODI Debut(175th):||18 August 2008 against Srilanka|
|T20I Debut(31th):||12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe|
|Test Captain Debut:||December 2014|
|ODI Captain Debut:||January 2017|
|T20I Captain Debut:||January 2017|
Relationship, Affairs, Friends Of Virat Kohli
|Friends:||Bruno (His pet)|
1.Sarah-Jane Dias(Actress, Rumour)It was a rumor that Sarah-Jane Dias was in a relationship with Kohli. According to her, She hadn’t met Kohli ever. They hadn’t even stayed in the same building. They didn’t have any physical relationship. According to Sarah-Jane Dias, It was the weirdest rumor about her.
2.Tamannah Bhatia (Actress, rumor)Virat was in a long relationship with Tamannah Bhatia. They met each other in a photoshoot on a Phone and they suddenly fell in love with each other. They were in a strong relationship with each other. They got separated because Kohli was too close with Izabelle Leite.
3.Izabelle Leite (Brazilian model, Rumour)Virat was found carrying a bag of Izabelle Leite in Singapore. That picture was Viral on the Internet and it was believed that Izabelle Leite is the secret girlfriend of Kohli. She had dated Virat for Two years. The relationship between Izabelle and Kohli was closed because it was believed Izabelle was having a date with other Bachelors’s boys in India.
4. Anushka Sharma(Actress)Virat and Anushka Sharma were in a deep relationship. They met each other in the commercial Television Advertisement shoot of a Shampoo in 2013. They both had mutual respect for each other. They continued this feeling in the relationship.
Virat Kohli Family
|Father/Daddy:||Late Prem Kohli (Criminal Lawyer)
|Mother/Mom:||Saroj Kohli (Housewife)
|Sibling in law:||Sanjay Dhingra|
Favourite Things of Virat Kohli:
All the things given below are Virat Kohli’s very favorite things that we have collected by looking at online and news magazines and wiki.
|Favourite watch brand:||Tissot|
|Favourite Cricketer:||Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, David Warner, Shane Watson , Joe Root, Shane Warne|
|Favourite Foods:||Sushi, Salmon, Lamb chops|
Indian: Aamir Khan
Out of India: Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr.
|Favourite Actoress:||Katrina Kaif, Kareena Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai, Penelope Cruz|
|Favourite Film/Movie:||–Bollywood: Ishq, 3 idiots, Border, Jo jeeta wohi Sikandar,
–Hollywood: Iron Man, Southpaw, Rocky 4, The Illutionist
|Favourite Singer:||Asrar, Eminem|
|Favourite Sport:||Cricket, Tennis, Football|
|Favourite Song:||Punjabi Songs|
|Favourite Brands:||Google, Hero, Puma|
|Favourite Cars:||VIR8, Audi R8 V10|
|Books:||Autobiography of a Yogi, Autobiography by a Andre Agassi|
|Favourite Quotes||-The bat is not a toy, it’s a weapon.
-I do believe in god.
-Self-belief and hardwork will always earn you a success
|Favourite Destination||Paris, Barcelona|
|Favourite Cricket Shot||Flick shot, Cover drive|
|IPL team||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Loves to play against||Australia and Pakistan|
Virat Kohli Cars Collection:
Records of Virat Kohli
|1. Fastest Century by an Indian in just 52 balls against Australia|
2. Fastest to reach 7500 ODI runs
3. Fastest to 10000 ODI runs in just 205 innings
4. First Indian to score three consecutive centuries in ODI
5. Fastest player to reach 19000 runs.
6. Most number of Hundreds in IPL in a year(4 centuries in 2016)
7. Fastest Indian to complete 5000 runs in ODI
8. the First player to reach 6000 runs in IPL
Awards of Virat Kohli
|1. Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year) in 2017 and 2018|
2. ICC Test Player of the Year 2018:- ICC ODI Player Of the year 2012, 2017 and 2018
3. Arjuna Award in 2013
4. Padma Shree in 2017
5. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
Assets/Properties of Virat Kohli:
|House||Rs. 25 crore|
|Land or other assets with approx. value:||None|
Virat Kohli Net Worth / Salary:
|Net Worth in 2021||$93Million (approx.)|
|Indian Rupees||₹688 crores (approx.)|
|Monthly Income||₹4 crores (approx.)|
|Money Factor:||Cricket, ADS, Promotions|
|Yearly Income||₹48 crores (approx.)|
Best Photos of Virat Kohli:
Top 5 Virat Kohli Quotes
“Self-belief and hard work always earn you a success”-Virat Kohli
“I do believe in God”-Virat Kohli
“I like to be myself, I don’t pretend”-Virat Kohli
“No cricket team in the world depends on one or two player.”-Virat Kohli
“The bat is not a toy, It’s a weapon.”-Virat Kohli
Did you know about VIRAT KOHLI Facts!!!
- Cheeku is Kohli’s nickname. When he joined the Delhi Ranji team, former Delhi coach Ajit Chaudhary gave him the name.
- His father died while he was playing a Ranji match against Karnataka in 2006. But the next day, he batted and scored 90 runs.
- In 2008, he led India’s Under-19 squad to the U-19 World Cup.
- He made his One-Day International debut in 2008 and was a member of the World Cup-winning team in 2011.
- In the 2011 World Cup opening match against Bangladesh, he became the first and only Indian to make a century on his World Cup debut.
- He was crowned ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year in 2012. At the age of 23, no less!
- Kohli has four tattoos on his body, including a golden dragon on one hand and a samurai warrior on the other. They’re meant to be lucky for him.
- What is his favorite dish? Kheer with mutton biryani Especially when his mother prepares it.
- President Pranab Mukherjee presented him with the Arjuna Award in 2013.
- In 2013, he made the fastest century by an Indian in one-day internationals, scoring a century in just 52 balls against Australia.
- Kohli has never been auctioned in the Indian Premier League. The RCB captain was selected as a catchment player by the franchise in 2008 and has been retained every season since, making him one of the few players in IPL history who has never been auctioned.
- The wicketkeeper Kohli. Kohli kept wickets instead of MS Dhoni when he elected to bowl on day four of the first Test against South Africa in Johannesburg. He took the gloves at the start of the 44th over and held wickets till the end of the 45th over. This scene was repeated during an India-Bangladesh encounter in Dhaka when Dhoni took a break to go to nature’s call and Kohli held wickets for one over.
FAQs about Cricketer Virat Kohli?
Does Virat Own a Private jet?
Yes he own a Private jet
Does Virat have a Child?
He has a daughter named Vamika Kohli.
Does Virat eat Non veg?
No he is vegetarian.
Is Virat 12th pass?
Virat is 12th pass.
Is Kohli a smoker or drinker?
He used to drink beer. But Now he is not a smoker neither he drinks.
Does Kohli have Siblings?
Yes. He have two Siblings.
Is Kohli a billionaire?
Yes. He is a billionaire
What does Kohli eat?
Virat is 90% free from Animals products. He eats Salad which helps him to get more amount of nutrition.
How many hours does Kohli sleeps?
Virat Sleeps 7 hours a day.
Is Kohli a Punjabi?
Virat was born in a Punjabi Hindu Family
Does Kohli use Herbalife products?
Virat use Herbal products. He uses Nutritional Shake Mix and the Afresh energy drink mix.
Who is rich between Virat and Dhoni?
Dhoni is richer than Virat. Dhoni has net worth of $111million and virat has $92 million.
Is Kohli from Bangalore?
No. Virat is from New Delhi, India. But he plays IPL from Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Is Kohli better than Sachin?
Players from two different generations cannot be compared They both are better.
How much does Kohli earn per year?
Virat Kohli earns 4 Crore+ per year.
We based this biography on web information, including Wikipedia interviews and news. If you find any errors, please let us know, and if you enjoy it, please share and comment.
Browse More Exclusive Biographies
Watch videos & discover inspiring life-changing stories about your favorite star, motivator, or social media celebrities. Know everything, from celebrity age, birthday, height, net worth, relationship, family, fun facts, biography, and latest updates.